Editor Elettra Wiedemann wrote an article called “This Is What You Should Be Eating Before and After a Workout.” Featured in the article are competitive athlete’s who share their healthy snack secrets. USA Olympic Figure Skater Team Maia & Alex Shibutani said “Recently we started bringing dried chickpeas with us. They are a great source of protein, and the company, The Good Bean, has a variety of flavors.”
We’re collecting our favorite chickpea recipes from around the world on our recipe board at Pinterest.
Ideas such as …
– African curried coconut soup
– Socca, the bread from France made from chickpea flour
– Charred fresh green chickpeas
… and many more.
We update often, so be sure to check back soon – enjoy!
The Good Bean is a simply awesome snack! You can enjoy it many ways – as a topping for salads or soups (healthy croutons, anyone?), on your breakfast cereal, on yogurt, or just straight out of the bag!
Here are some ideas. Add your own twist!
1. Sprinkle some Cracked Pepper over a Greek salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, olive oil, and vinegar!
2. Cracked Pepper would also be super-delicious mixed into potato salad, egg-salad or tuna salad for a nice, peppery crunch!
3. We love Smoky Chili + Lime sprinkled on guacamole. Tortilla chips never had it so good!
4. Sea Salt is great on salads of all kinds! Sprinkle it on for crunchy goodness anywhere you would use nuts, seeds, or croutons.
5. What about Sea Salt tossed into your next bowl of tomato soup?!
6. We LOVE Sweet Cinnamon as a topping for our morning bowl of yogurt. Granola be gone!